December Recipe Contest: Italian Cookies
Each month, we host a themed recipe contest, inviting home cooks across the world to submit their best Italian dishes to the q.b. community.
December is for Biscotti
No, we’re not talking about those crunchy, twice-baked, oblong cookies known as cantucci in Italy. In Italian, biscotti is the word used to describe all cookies.
Biscotti are an integral part of the Italian diet. Many Italiani enjoy cookies for breakfast, alongside their cafe con latte in the morning. Every region and city has its own cookie specialty, from the Brutti ma Buoni (“Ugly but Good”) of Piemonte to the Ricciarelli of Siena.
Here in the U.S., holiday cookie swaps are a popular tradition and can even become competitive at times! So we’re bringing the cookie swap online and giving it an Italian twist.
Submit your best Italian cookie recipe (traditional or modern, so long as it is yours) by December 15th, 2020 12AM midnight EST.
After that, we’ll narrow down all the recipes to the top three. We’ll then ask our readers to vote on their favorite and announce the winner on January 1st, 2021. All eligible recipes will get published on our site, but only the winner gets the prize!
About that prize.
Our #1 recipe author will receive the cookbook, Authentic Italian Desserts by Rosemary Molloy. Rosemary is the creator of the blog An Italian in My Kitchen and author of It’s All About Pasta.
How Our Recipe Contests Work
Here’s the scoop.
- On the 25th of each month, we’ll announce the theme (a particular region in Italy) and the winner’s prize.
- The deadline to submit your recipe for the monthly contest is on the 15th of the month by 12:00 AM EST.
- After the 15th, we’ll narrow down the selection to just 3 recipes (learn more about how we select the recipes on our contests page).
- Then, the voting begins! After the top 3 recipes are selected, we’ll ask our readers to vote on their favorite. Voting will take place from the 20th until the end of the month.
- Voting ends on the final day of each month. We’ll announce the winner the following day.