***Please note that some phrases are on backorder and are expected to ship mid to late October.
Make room for seconds.
In Italy, this style of piatto fondo (deep plate) was found in countryside homes and used for every course since the 1800s. Today, you’ll still find this kind of plate in every Italian kitchen. This collection is affectionately known as A Pranzo dalla Nonna – “Lunch at Nonna’s” – because that’s exactly how your grandmother would dish out multiple servings of fresh handmade pasta during a big Sunday lunch.
Choose from six hand-painted Italian phrases:
- Nessuno cucina come la mamma – Nobody cooks like mom
- Ridi ridi che la mamma ha fatto gli gnocchi – An ironic expression, meaning “Laugh, laugh, because mom made gnocchi…” (or in English, “Go ahead, keep laughing!”)
- L’appetito vien mangiando – a traditional Italian saying, meaning “Eating awakens the appetite”
- L’ingrediente segreto è l’amore – The secret ingredient is love
- Ho ancora fame – I’m still hungry!
- L’amore passa, la fame no – Love fades, hunger doesn’t
What to know:
- Enamelware made in Slovenia, then custom hand-painted in Italy
- Handwash very gently! Only warm water, no abrasive sponges or sharp tools. The painted phrases are not glazed.
- Never put in the microwave or dishwasher