Make room for seconds.
In Italy, this style of piatto fondo (deep plate) was found in countryside homes and used for every course since the 1800s. Today, you’ll still find this kind of plate in every Italian kitchen. This collection is affectionately known as A Pranzo dalla Nonna – “Lunch at Nonna’s” – because that’s exactly how your grandmother would dish out multiple servings of fresh handmade pasta during a big Sunday lunch.
Choose from the following hand-painted Italian phrases:
- nessuno cucina come il papà – nobody cooks like dad
- nessuno cucina come la mamma – nobody cooks like mom
- that’s amore <3
- ho ancora fame – i’m still hungry!
- a tavola non si invecchia mai – one never grows old at the table
- la bellezza passa, la fame no – beauty fades, hunger doesn’t
- l’ingrediente segreto è l’amore – the secret ingredient is love
- l’appetito vien mangiando – eating awakens the appetite
What to know:
- Enamelware made in Slovenia, then custom hand-painted in Italy
- Handwash very gently! Only warm water, no abrasive sponges or sharp tools. The painted phrases are not glazed.
- Never put in the microwave or dishwasher