October Recipe Contest: Tuscany
It’s time to vote! We’ve narrowed down all submissions to three delicious Tuscan recipes:
- Tomato Pici alle Briciole by Caterina Elias
- Kale Pesto Cappelletti with Butternut Squash sauce by Laura Comandini
- Simple Tuscan Soup by Maribel of Taste of Italy
Vote for your favorite recipe by October 31st, 2020 midnight EST. The winning recipe will get tested and photographed in our kitchen and will receive the cookbook, From the Markets of Tuscany, by Giulia Scarpaleggia of Juls Kitchen.
Cue up the pici: we’re hosting a Tuscan-themed recipe contest!
When we first conceptualized the idea for q.b. cucina, we knew we wanted it to be more than a shop for Italian kitchenwares.
With that dream in mind, we’re excited to invite you to put your best dish forward with our first-ever recipe contest.
Why a contest?
Because a little friendly competition is what makes it fun. There’s a reason why we love watching shows like Chopped and The Great British Bake-Off—there’s magic in the air as those competitors slice onions and whip up icing at lightning speed.
Ok, so don’t worry. Our contest isn’t about speed (although there is a deadline). Instead, it’s all about diving deep into a particular region of Italy, exploring its cuisine, and making it your own.
October is for Tuscany
Thick pici pasta, hearty ribollita soup, and the ever-trending Schiacciata all’Uva — there are many good reasons to adore the food of Tuscany. All month long we’ll be celebrating this region and all its many flavors. And you get to participate!
Submit your best Tuscan-recipe (traditional or modern, so long as it is yours) by October 15th, 12AM midnight EST – NOW EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 18, midnight EST.
After that, we’ll narrow down all the recipes to the top three, which we’ll test and photograph in our kitchen. We’ll then ask our readers to vote on their favorite and announce the winner on November 1st, 2020. All eligible recipes will get published on our site, but only the winner gets the prize!
About that prize.
Our #1 recipe author will receive the cookbook From the Markets of Tuscany by Giulia Scarpaleggia. A native Tuscan, Giulia is an incredibly talented home chef, blogger, and cookbook author. You might know her as @julskitchen in the world of Instagram.
How Our Recipe Contests Work
Here’s the scoop.
- On the 25th of each month, we’ll announce the theme (a particular region in Italy) and the winner’s prize.
- The deadline to submit your recipe for the monthly contest is on the 15th of the month by 12:00 AM EST.
- After the 15th, we’ll narrow down the selection to just 3 recipes (learn more about how we select the recipes on our contests page), which we’ll test and photograph the top 3 recipes in our test kitchen.
- Then, the voting begins! After the top 3 recipes are selected, we’ll ask our readers to vote on their favorite. Voting will take place from the 20th until the end of the month.
- Voting ends on the final day of each month. We’ll announce the winner the following day.