November Recipe Contest: Piedmont
Each month, we host a themed recipe contest, inviting home cooks across the world to submit their best Italian dishes to the q.b. community.
November is for Piedmont
Although not as well known as other regions throughout Italy, there are many things to love about Piemonte, from Alba truffles and Barolo wine to tajarin – silky strands of pasta enriched with egg yolks. Oh yeah, and can we talk about the hazelnut chocolate?
If you’re not familiar with the cuisine of Piedmont, then now’s the month to get into it. And if you know what we’re talking about when we raise our glass of bicerin, then we’re looking to you to share your best attempts at bonet, bagna cauda, and agnolotti del plin!
Submit your best Piemontese recipe (traditional or modern, so long as it is yours) by November 15th, 2020 12AM midnight EST.
After that, we’ll narrow down all the recipes to the top three, which we’ll test and photograph in our kitchen. We’ll then ask our readers to vote on their favorite and announce the winner on December 1st, 2020. All eligible recipes will get published on our site, but only the winner gets the prize!
About that prize.
Our #1 recipe author will receive the newly released cookbook, Old World Italian by Mimi Thorisson. Mimi is a French cook and writer living with her family between Médoc, France, and Turin, Italy. A quick glimpse at her Instagram @mimithor is enough to convince us that Mimi is living the life we all dream of.
How Our Recipe Contests Work
Here’s the scoop.
- On the 25th of each month, we’ll announce the theme (a particular region in Italy) and the winner’s prize.
- The deadline to submit your recipe for the monthly contest is on the 15th of the month by 12:00 AM EST.
- After the 15th, we’ll narrow down the selection to just 3 recipes (learn more about how we select the recipes on our contests page), which we’ll test and photograph the top 3 recipes in our test kitchen.
- Then, the voting begins! After the top 3 recipes are selected, we’ll ask our readers to vote on their favorite. Voting will take place from the 20th until the end of the month.
- Voting ends on the final day of each month. We’ll announce the winner the following day.