Center of attention.
This functional centerpiece is sure to be the talk of the table. Following the traditions of Emilia-Romagna, each hemp bag is block-printed by hand using a natural dye. Use it to hold bread, napkins, or even a potted plant!
What to Know:
- Hand-stamped in Emilia-Romagna
- Made using all-natural materials
- 11 inches wide, 6.5 inches tall
- Floral Bird & Rust Daisy Patterns: 100% hemp. Dye is made following an ancient recipe with three simple ingredients: vinegar, flour, and rust.
- Indigo Daisy Pattern: 100% hemp. Dye is made from a natural extraction of isatis tinctoria (woad plant), mixed with linseed oil.
Spot clean with water and mild detergent and machine wash on delicate cycle as needed.
Nota bene: Do not wash with hydrogen peroxide-based stain removers or bleach as these products will damage the color of the dye. Stick to natural Marseille soap, vegetable-based glicerin soaps, and regular bleach.
About the Producer
Located in Santa Sofia, a small city nestled within the Romagna region, Peromatto is a contemporary textile block printing workshop with roots in the age-old artisanal tradition of ‘rust printing’, stampa a ruggine, particular to the Romagna region of Italy. By combining modern laser technology with traditional wooden block stamps, they are able to carve out their nature-inspired designs with precision while still following the traditional method of hand-block rust printing. Each wooden block is then dipped in a natural rust-extracted dye and imprinted onto linen or cotton fabrics by hand with the help of a mallet. Learn more about the art of rust printing.